Permits & Licenses


If you are building a new house or remodeling an existing home, please contact Lincoln County for all necessary permits.  This includes setback requirements.  Lincoln County:  715-536-0307.  Also be sure to contact Dave Hilgendorf at 715-453-3211.  Dave is the town Surveyor.

Permits are needed for constructing a new driveway off any town road.  Please contact the town clerk or town chairman for the necessary permit.  Permit costs are $100.  If your new dirveway is going to be constructed off a county or state roadway, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (1-800-590-1868) for the application or go on the their webiste ( to apply on line.


Zoning requirements can be found on the Lincoln County Offices website, or you can contact them at 715-536-1087.


Permits for any burning are required by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.  Call 1-888-WIS-BURN (947-2876).


Permits for all firework displays are required.  Please contact the town clerk or the town chairman for permits.   Applications must be submitted TWO DAYS PRIOR to lighting any fireworks.


Licensing is required for the sale of alcoholic beverages.  To purchase a liquor license for your establishment please contact the town clerk.  Rates vary according to the type of establishment.

Licensing is required for the serving of alcoholic beverages in any licensed facility.  To apply for a beverage server license please contact the town clerk.  Permits for beverage servers are $10.00.